Custom Installations and Home Theaters

Looking for setup recommendations

Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Toggle
Looking for setup recommendations
Answer
10/24/18 7:52 PM

Hi,

I am starting from scratch and could use some recommendations for a suitable setup for my situation.

My livingroom is about 5*4 meters and the listening distance will be about 3.5 meters. I am listening to electronica mainly, so I think that one or two subwoofers will be needed.  I was thinking about two 8341 and a 7360A. Would this setup do the trick or are there better options that I should consider?

RE: Looking for setup recommendations
Answer
10/25/18 4:52 PM as a reply to klotzwater.

hi klotzwater!

The speakers you mentioned are really powerfull monitors, don't judge them by their size !

I don't thing these would even need a sub at all, your living-room isn't big enough, they might even sound too boomy there unless the place is acoustically treated.

But go and try them, and compare.

I just bought two nearfield 8330A and one sub 7350,  and also the GLM tool to aim a neutral response for mixing project.

personally, I try not to go exceed 80-85 dB spl, to manage my hearing first, and also because mixing too loud often leads to wrong decision.

Good luck !

Raf

Answer
10/25/18 7:28 PM as a reply to klotzwater.

if in europe: 2x 1237

if in us: 2x 1238 because the price differene is smaller.

you won't need subs with those.

Answer
10/27/18 2:17 PM as a reply to lukester.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

While it is not important to me that the speakers can play really loud, I want to experience the low frequencies that the music contains. So I thought that a subwoofer would be mandatory. The great thing is, I can always decide to add one at a later time.

Answer
10/28/18 6:50 PM as a reply to klotzwater.
at the same time, you don't want bigger speakers for loudness but depth and clarity.