Room Acoustics

7040A Placement

Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Toggle
7040A Placement
Answer
10/30/18 11:54 AM

Hi All,

I'm looking to reduce the amount of bass being transferred around my house and have a few questions about my 7040A:

1/ Can the sub be placed on it's side? 

2/ Is it possible for the sub to be placed on Auralex Isolation Pads? https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/auralex-mopad-studio-monitor-isolation-pads?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwguDeBRDCARIsAGxuU8YqgPAUirRF1DvMn_2fk4jLM_aivhHGN-jvDeXztq7f98Nyt3MbpJkaAi_rEALw_wcB

Many thanks

Andy

RE: 7040A Placement
Answer
10/30/18 9:52 PM as a reply to andydefault.

Yes and yes.

subs radiate omnidirectonally, you could have the cone facing the wall and it wouldn't matter.

not sure the auralex pads are gonna do much though, the weight of the sub might compress them too much.

I might be wrong.

Answer
10/30/18 11:56 PM as a reply to lukester.
lukester:

Yes and yes.

subs radiate omnidirectonally, you could have the cone facing the wall and it wouldn't matter.

not sure the auralex pads are gonna do much though, the weight of the sub might compress them too much.

I might be wrong.

Thanks for your response.

I previously had the sub on a carpeted floor but it's now on liminate so figured that the pads would help even if only a little.

With the pads I would need to place the sub on it's side to fit under my desk. However, figure 5 in the manual implies that there should be clearance on the reflex port side hence my question.

Answer
10/31/18 9:33 AM as a reply to andydefault.

well, the clearence thing is correct.

try it anyway, if you don't play very loud you won't need much clearence