Message Boards

IR volume control

blamphos, modified 5 Months ago.

IR volume control

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/14/16 Recent Posts

Hi,

I know this is not a new subject in the forum but just wanted to share my DIY project GEVOL 2.0 to solve few usability issues. Now my whole A/V system can be controlled with a single remote controller without altering the digital signal passed to SAM monitors (bit-perfect).

For more information, please watch a short Youtube video:

https://youtu.be/MaIIgBG6k_g

lukester, modified 5 Months ago.

RE: IR volume control

Jedi Knight Posts: 148 Join Date: 4/22/10 Recent Posts
The white Nintendo Wii goes well with those 8351s ;)
gurux, modified 5 Months ago.

Youngling Posts: 16 Join Date: 12/1/17 Recent Posts

Great stuff, I would be very interested but not much info in the video. How to build/purchase one? I would finally have volume integration with a Harmony remote. 

Dear Genelec, sad that this has to come from a DIY-er! 

gennies99, modified 1 Month ago.

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 9/23/17 Recent Posts

Great work. If\when Genelec manufacture one of these themselves I'll be creating a digital home theater with multiple speakers... 

janne-koo, modified 1 Month ago.

Youngling Posts: 16 Join Date: 10/26/15 Recent Posts

Interesting... The original controller seems to be just a common, simple 10k log pot. Did you just get a motorized one to do the job, or are you directly feeding the brain with x to y V DC instead?
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​That S/PDIF switch is cool, especially if jitter is in check. I guess you integrated an impedance converter to 110 ohm to the output, too? That's quite a nice product, which Genelec probably should make. :-)

gennies99, modified 1 Month ago.

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 9/23/17 Recent Posts

Strange isn't it. With so many people asking for the product yet silence from the manufacturer.