Message Boards

Sound card recommendations (PC)?

ari-hi, modified 4 Years ago.

Sound card recommendations (PC)?

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 5/5/15 Recent Posts
Hello

My current setup is.
Windows pc with the Sound Blaster Z sound card what is connect (Toslink) to the Dacmagic Plus and finally after that there is Genelec G three loudspeakers.

I’m not sure is this problem at all, but it’s an annoying feature that Sound blaster sound card. It can only give out 24-bit / 96kHz when using optical out. So I start to look for sound card what can give out also 24 bit / 192KHz.

I find this HT Omega Fenix sound card
http://www.htomega.com/fenix.html

Has anyone knowledge for that card? Also other sound card recommendations are welcome.

Br.
Ari
ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Re: Sound card recommendations (PC)?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Ari,

Maybe you have a reason but why don't you connect your DacMagic directly to your PC through USB? Now you are basically connecting two sound cards after another?
ari-hi, modified 4 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 5/5/15 Recent Posts
Hello Ilkka.

This is second best advice in this year, first come from friend who say. “Don’t care what G Three cost, you thank me later”

No reasons just old bad habit, old amplifier and the speakers need that kind setup. No when you point out that setup failure, and advice move use that USB audio everything is just what I looking for. :D

Thank you.

Br.
Ari
ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the most difficult to find!

Glad that I could help! :)
tendeck, modified 5 Months ago.

RE: Sound card recommendations (PC)?

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 6/13/19 Recent Posts

Greetings Look at the review of external sound cards https://technogeekknows.com/reviews/best-external-sound-card/. In my opinion a very sensible review and gives an idea of what is needed. At the same time, the external sound card is always better than built in - it is much easier to sell / exchange / replace