Message Boards

PROBLEM: giant hum coming from 7060A

jackthinks, modified 6 Years ago.

PROBLEM: giant hum coming from 7060A

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/14/12 Recent Posts
Hi All, I'm here hoping someone from Genelec will take notice of this post (I've already emailed them and received no reply).

I have a pair of 1030As and the corresponding 7060A subwoofer. Weeks ago a very loud hum (60hz maybe?) came screaming out of the sub and into the 2 monitors. There was no audio running to any of the monitors, but the power on each of them was on. After cutting off power to the 1030As I could still hear the tone coming from the sub. I cut the power to the sub and the tone stopped.

I re-routed my audio outs to the (2) 1030As (bypassing the sub) and all is okay. I tried giving power to the sub again and the tone still shoots out from it, so I am stuck now with I guess a broken sub? Has anyone else experienced this?
Does Genelec have any experience with this problem? I am thinking it might be a ground issue but I'm not sure.

The sub is very heavy and I'd like some info so I can consider my options....repairing it would likely require hiring someone to help me lug it to a repair shop and back via taxi. I would also like a recommendation on what repair shop in New York City would be best. Or maybe purchasing a new sub would be more economical? Info from Genelec would be appreciated here. Thank you for any info you can provide. Cheers and happy mixing.

Jack
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: PROBLEM: giant hum coming from 7060A

Yoda Posts: 2558 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

To which email address and when did you try to contact Genelec?

Since you are located in the US, the correct contact information is:

GENELEC Inc. - 7 Tech Circle - Natick - MA 01760 - USA - Tel +1 508 652 0900 - Fax +1 508 652 0909 - Email genelec.usa@genelec.com

I used the form on your website. I will call the MA number. In the mean time if you have any advice for me, feel free to post it or email me at nycthinker@earthlink.net.
Thanks.

Just spoke to someone in the MA location and I have a plan in place. I'll post results here if anyone is interested.
dj-mr-alex, modified 9 Months ago.

RE: PROBLEM: giant hum coming from 7060A

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 4/6/17 Recent Posts

Did you get it resolved having the same problrm here?