8330 + 7350 without GLM - Forum
8330 + 7350 without GLM
I recently bought 8330 bundle (including the GLM-box and 9310 volume controller) and 7350 subwoofer. I have couple of questions/comments about glm:
1) For some reason I didn't manage to save room calibration for monitors by using GLMv3, during calibration it tells that "stereo.exe has stopped working" and at the end measure/correction curves are flat. I did manage to save calibrations correctly with GLMv2 though and then continue using GLMv3 with profile created by GLMv2. Any ideas that might cause this kind of behaviour? OS: Windows 10.
2) I can't power up 7350 and therefore can't use the system unless GLM is attached to computer and the software is running. Shouldn't I be able to power up subwoofer (and monitors) without opening glm-software every time I power up the system?
3) Seems that my settings to monitors aren't being saved either. I set ISS Power saving to 30min (high sensitivity) but after a night of sleep monitors + sub are still awake.
Edit: Added 3rd problem
First of all, if you already haven't downloaded and installed the latest version of GLM 3 (Beta build 117), please find it here: https://www.community.genelec.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/954356#_19_message_961078
2) How do you know that the 7350 isn't powered up? There is not green LED or there is no sound?
3) Settings are stored but if you use high sensitivity setting for ISS, it means that they probably won't be able to go into sleep mode due to noise in the incoming signal lines. You should use normal or low sensitivity instead to suppress the noise.
I was using GLM 3 beta build 115 at the time, but I'll try more recent build if I have to recalibrate monitors at some point.
2) There is no green light and no sound either. However i discovered that when I close GLM it turns off monitors and subwoofer even though I have unchecked "Automatically shutdown system with GLM". After that monitors/sub won't wake unless I start GLM again. I managed to get it working by having GLM open, saving settings at full level and then unplugging glm-box from computer. After that monitors seem to work just fine. Although when I used "Save settings to all monitors using current level"-setting monitors' volume dropped to almost unhearable, and saving settings using full level did what saving at current level should've done.
3) Ah, thanks for the tip. Seems that my preamp is creating some noice just by being turned on. Using low sensitivity and turning off the preamp monitors shut down after specified time.